Terms and Conditions
- Eligibility. You must be sixteen or over to use the Website or register as a Member. Use of the Website and membership in the Service are void where prohibited. By agreeing to these terms or by using the Website, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Term. This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Website and/or are a Member. You may terminate your membership at any time for any reason by following the instructions on the Cancel Account page in Account Settings. We may terminate your membership for any reason at any time. If you are using a paid version of the Service and we terminate your membership in the Service because you have breached this Agreement, you will not be entitled to any refund of unused subscription fees. Even after your membership is terminated, certain sections of this Agreement will remain in effect. See Section 18 below for a list of the provisions of this Agreement that will survive the termination of your membership.
- Other Agreements. Please note that, if you sign up for one or more features of the Service that are provided by third parties, such as Better Weekdays Games, or any of the widgets and applications that may be listed or marketed on Better Weekdays.com (collectively, “Third Party Features”), then you may be required to agree to terms of service with those third parties as well. Any such terms of service are different from and in addition to this Agreement.
- Non Commercial Use by Members. The Service and the Website are for the personal use of individual Members only. No Member may copy, transfer or use any names, photos, links, text, data or other content belonging to or posted by Better Weekdays or other Members for the purpose of selling, engaging in, marketing or promoting any other product or service. Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Website, including collecting usernames, email addresses or other personally identifiable information of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website or any other use not expressly permitted in this Agreement, will be investigated and appropriate legal action will be taken, including, without limitation, civil, criminal and injunctive redress. In addition to the above restrictions, you may not authorize, enable or otherwise grant to any other person, organization, company or business access to your Better Weekdays profile or other content uploaded on the Website for the purpose of extracting such information or other content. Organizations, companies and/or businesses, including third party companies may not become Members and should not use the Service or the Website for any purpose unless they, in addition, agree to the Developer Terms of Service, available on the Website.
- Proprietary Rights in Content.
- Rights in Content Posted by Better Weekdays or Other Members.We own and retain all proprietary rights in the Website and the Service. The Website contains certain copyrighted material, including links and compilations of individual data, trademarks and service marks and other proprietary information of Better Weekdays, our Members and our licensors. Except for any information which is in the public domain, you may not use, copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display or sell any such proprietary materials or information without our express written consent in each case.
- You agree not to post any content that is unlawful, harmful, tortious, defamatory, libelous, obscene, invasive of the privacy of another person, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, racist, infringing, pornographic, violent, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate as determined by Better Weekdays.
- You will not post any content that contains personal information about any other individual, violates the privacy/publicity of any other individual or entity, or anything that you are under a contractual obligation to keep private or confidential. You agree that you will not impersonate any person or organization, including—without limitation—the personnel of Better Weekdays.
- You will not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any User Content or other content transmitted through the Website.
- You will not post any content that inaccurately represents your background and experiences as part of a candidate profile that you create through the Website. Similarly, you will not post any content that inaccurately represents the relevant background, experiences, or requirements sought as part of a job profile that you create through the Website. You agree that all of the information you submit through the Website will be accurate to the best of your knowledge.
- You will not misrepresent an affiliation with another person or organization, nor will you post any content that that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or otherwise subject to intellectual property rights of a third party.
- You will not use this Website to harm minors in any way or to send any content that we deem in our sole discretion to be inappropriate for minors, offensive, or incompatible with the character or subject matter of this Website.
- You will not upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes” or any other material that contains business solicitations of any type, including advertising a product or service, offering a product or service for sale, or directing readers to a location for more information about a product or service.
- You will not modify in any way any specifications, technology, or application codes provided to you by Better Weekdays or as embedded in the User Content unless expressly authorized in writing by Better Weekdays.
- You will not intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- You will not collect any personal information about other users.
- You will not share or transfer passwords or other access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently as applicable.
- You will not use the Website or any Better Weekdays Content in any way that harms any user of Better Weekdays.
- You will not use the Website in any manner that could overburden, or impair the Website (or the networks or systems connected to the Website.)
- You may not use any device, software or instrumentality to interfere with the proper working of our Website or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website.
- Rights in Content Posted by You. By publishing, displaying or uploading (collectively, “Posting”) any text, links, photos, video, messages or other data or information (collectively, “Content”) on or to the Website (including on or to your profile), you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Better Weekdays an irrevocable, perpetual, nonexclusive, fully-paid and worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display and distribute such Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Content and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
- Removal of Content. You understand and agree that we may review and delete any Content that you include in your Avatar profile or otherwise Post on any area of the Website (which may include deleting your entire profile) that we, in our sole judgment, believe (1) violates this Agreement, (2) might be offensive or illegal or (3) might violate the rights of, harm or threaten the safety of any other Member.
- Member Responsibility for Content. You are solely responsible for the Content that you Post on the Website or the Service or transmit to other Members.
Even though all of the above Content is strictly prohibited, there is a small chance that you may become exposed to such items while using the Website or the Service. If so, neither we nor any of our officers, directors, employees, shareholders, advertisers or corporate partners will in any way be responsible for any damages incurred or suffered by any party or caused by any party arising out of or related to any such exposure.
- Further Restrictions on Your Use of the Website and the Service.
- You must use the Website and the Service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Although Better Weekdays cannot monitor the conduct of its Members off the Website, it is a violation of this Agreement to use any information obtained from the Service or the Website in order to harass, abuse or harm another person or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit or sell to any Member without the prior explicit consent of such Member and Better Weekdays. To protect our Members from such conduct, we reserve the right, in Better Weekdays’s sole discretion at any time, to restrict the number of emails or other communications that a Member may send to other Members.
- Copyright Protection Policy. You may not Post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks or service marks or other proprietary information owned by another party without obtaining the prior written consent of the copyright owner. If you believe that your work has been copied and Posted on the Website without your permission or in any other way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us.
- Member Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members. We reserve the right, although we have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members and to take any action that we feel may be appropriate in our sole discretion, consistent with the terms of this Agreement, including termination of the membership of one or more Members.
- We are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content Posted on the Website or in connection with the Service, whether made or caused by users of the Website, Members, our advertisers, developers or corporate partners or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the operation of the Website or the Service.
- WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY MEMBER OR OTHER USER OF THE WEBSITE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS, LIABILITY OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH OR PROPERY DAMAGE, RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANYONE’S USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE, ANY CONTENT POSTED ON THE WEBSITE OR TRANSMITTED TO MEMBERS OR OTHER USERS OR ANY INTERACTIONS BETWEEN OR AMONG MEMBERS OR OTHER USERS OF THE WEBSITE, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE.
- We assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of user or Member communications. We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof. We are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer equipment belonging to any user of the Website, any Member or any other person related to or resulting from use of the Website, viewing, playing or downloading any materials on or from the Website or otherwise in any way in connection with the Service. The Website and the Service are provided “AS IS” and, except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law, we expressly disclaim any warranty of any kind, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We cannot guarantee and do not promise any specific results from use of the Website or the Service. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or from or through the Website or the Service shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
- Limitation on Liability. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, our entire liability to you for any cause whatsoever, regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to us for the Service during the term of this Agreement. Except in jurisdictions where such provisions are restricted, in no event will we be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including lost profits arising from your use of the Website or the Service, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Disputes. If there is any dispute between you and us about or involving the Website or the Service, by using the Website or the Service, you agree (i) that the dispute shall be in all respects subject to, governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof, and (ii) The parties shall not raise in connection with, and hereby waive, any defense based upon the venue, the inconvenience of the forum, the lack of personal jurisdiction, the sufficiency of service and process or the like in any such action or suit brought in the Republic of Singapore.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold Better Weekdays and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees and corporate or other partners harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or relating to: (a) your use of the Website or the Service (including the Posting by you of any Content on the Website) in violation of this Agreement, (b) any other breach of this Agreement by you or (c) any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.
- No Agency. There is no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and us or between us and any other Member or user of the Website.
- Survival. Although this Agreement may be terminated by you or us at any time and for any reason, the terms of the following sections of this Agreement will survive any such termination and you and we will continue to be bound by such terms indefinitely: Section 2 (Term), Section 5 (Proprietary Rights in Content), Section 12 (Member Disputes), Section 13 (Disclaimers), Section 14 (Limitation on Liability), Section 15 (Disputes), Section 16 (Indemnity), Section 18 (Survival) and Section 19 (Other).
Please contact us with any questions regarding this Agreement.
Better Weekdays is a service mark of Better Weekdays, Inc.